Privacy statement nexuzhealth pro for home nurses
In this Privacy Statement, we explain how we use personal information we collect and process about you when you use the nexuzhealth pro for home nurses web application and/or the mobile application HN Companion App and for what purposes it will be used.
Nexuzhealth nv, a company incorporated under Belgian law, having its registered office in Hasselt, enterprise number 0667 753 542, is the data controller.
Nexuzhealth has appointed a data protection officer to ensure that your personal data are processed in the appropriate manner. You can contact the aforementioned officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nexuzhealth as processor
- Name, email address, user ID: for the creation of a user account and for identity verification
- Address: to use the navigation option
- Phone number: for correspondence
- Location details: to use the card reader
- Camera: to use patient verification via a one-dimensional or two-dimensional barcode of the eID card and for adding images to the medical record
- Medical data: for information of the nurse in a patient’s medical record
- Media files (photo, pdf, etc.): to add to the medical record
Which information does nexuzhealth collect about you?
- Through the mobile application HN Companion app:
- User ID
- Back-end interactions
- App interactions
- In-app search history
- Crash reports
- Operating system version
- Software versions
- Battery level
- Signal strength
- Available storage space
- Through the nexuzhealth pro web application for home nurses:
- User ID
- Back-end interactions
- User-agent: the user-agent is a structured description of characteristic properties of the browser used, it includes the vendor, version number, underlying operating system and any associated extensions. This enables nexuzhealth pro to unambiguously identify the browser and consequently interact correctly with our web application.
- Front-end error logging
Why does nexuzhealth collect your personal data?
These data are used purely to improve the stability of the application and to provide the necessary support in case of an incident.
In the event of an incident, your organisation (CT Paramedics, etc.) will provide first-line support. If necessary, Nexuzhealth will help the end user as second line support. In this context, the developers will have access to the production environment via an audited process to resolve the incident as quickly as possible.
Your data will not be used for automatic decision-making or profiling.
On what basis does nexuzhealth use this information about you?
Nexuzhealth collects and processes your personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest. The processing is required to ensure the proper functioning of the application, with nexuzhealth collecting only the minimum amount of data.
How long does nexuzhealth retain your personal data?
Nexuzhealth will not store your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we need this information about you.
Who has access to your data?
Nexuzhealth employees and employees of our processors will process your personal data for the purposes described above.
How does nexuzhealth secure your personal data?
Whenever nexuzhealth processes your personal data, we take steps to ensure that it is treated in a secure manner. Nexuzhealth has adopted reasonable physical, organisational and technical measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, disclosure or use.
Where does nexuzhealth store and process your personal data?
Your personal data may be processed by service providers with data centres located outside the EU.
We conclude an agreement with these processors based on a model approved by the European Commission that ensures the same level of protection as set out in the European data protection legislation. Furthermore, we examine the impact of this transmission on your rights, and adopt measures to ensure that your data enjoys a similar level of protection as it would within the EU.
You may request more information concerning these transmissions by sending an email to email@example.com.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
- Right of access – You have access to the personal data that we process, and the right to inspect these data. If you wish, we will provide you with a copy free of charge.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request the erasure or rectification of incorrect, incomplete, inappropriate or outdated personal data.
- Right to object to certain processing – If your personal data are processed on legitimate grounds, you have the right to object to the processing of your data for reasons relating to your specific situation.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data. Thus, if you wish to terminate your relationship with us, you may request us to stop using your personal data.
- Right to portability of your data – As regards personal data processed on the basis of your consent or because of their necessity for the provision of the requested products or services, you may under certain conditions request us to transmit the personal data that you have communicated to us directly to a third party or to yourself.
If you believe that nexuzhealth is processing your personal data unlawfully or incorrectly, please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact details provided below. In any case, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country in case you believe that your data have not been processed correctly by nexuzhealth.
For Belgium, this is the Data Protection Authority (DPA): https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/.
How can you contact us?
Kempische Steenweg 307 (Corda 3)
B – 3500 Hasselt