This website is operated by nexuzhealth nv, a company incorporated under Belgian law, with registered office in Hasselt, Belgium, company number 0667 753 542. Nexuzhealth nv is a joint venture between Cegeka Health Care nv and UZ Leuven. Nexuzhealth is a company that strives to protect your privacy. In this Privacy Statement, we explain how we use personal information that we collect about you when you use our website nexuzhealth.com or when we do or might do business with each other.
What information do we collect about you?
How will we use the information about you?
Nexuzhealth collects information about you in order to process your questions, requests and applications and, if you agree, to collect personal statistical information. Nexuzhealth will use the information you provide to fulfil our obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us. We may also send you newsletters and personalised marketing by email. We also use your information collected through this website to personalise your visits to our website.
Who has access to your information?
We will not share your information for marketing purposes. However, we may disclose your information to third parties acting on our behalf as service providers, our subcontractors and other relevant organisations in order to perform tasks, deliver services to you or perform a contract we have entered into. When we use third parties as service providers, we will, however, only disclose the information that is necessary to provide the service and have a contract in place that obliges them to keep your information secure and not use it for direct marketing purposes.
Why do we use information about you?
Nexuzhealth collects and processes information about you on one of the following legal bases:
The processing is necessary in order to perform a contract with you.
The processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which nexuzhealth is subject.
Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of nexuzhealth or a third party, provided that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms are not overridden.
You have consented to the processing of your personal data.
- “Contractual” is not limited to a signed contract, e.g. going through the recruitment process is performing a contract between the candidate and nexuzhealth; and delivering an e-book requested by you is also considered a contract between you and nexuzhealth.
- “Legitimate interest” may be used when you have a reasonable expectation that your personal data will be stored and used, e.g.:
- If you leave your contact details when downloading an e-book on a particular subject, you may reasonably expect that nexuzhealth will store your interest in that topic in order to share other relevant information with you on similar topics.
- If you ask a question about a particular topic via the contact form, you can reasonably expect to be contacted by an expert on that topic to discuss your question further.
Nexuzhealth would like to send you newsletters and information about its applications that may be of interest to you. Nexuzhealth may also contact you in connection with the customer satisfaction survey programme. You have the right, at any time, to no longer allow us to contact you for marketing purposes or provide you with information. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe in the last email you received from us. Please contact email@example.com for more information or if you have any other questions.
How can you access and correct your information?
You have the right to request a copy of the information we have about you. If you would like to receive a copy of all or part of your personal information, please send us an email or a letter to the address below. Nexuzhealth also wants to make sure that your personal information is correct and up to date. You can ask us to correct information that you think is wrong or to delete your information.
How long do we store your information?
Nexuzhealth will store your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we require it from you. However, you should know that in certain cases we are legally obliged to keep your information for a certain period of time.
When you give nexuzhealth your personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. Nexuzhealth has taken reasonable physical, organisational and technical measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure or use.
Where do we store and process your personal data?
Your personal data may be processed by service providers whose data centres are located outside the EU.
With these processors we enter into an agreement based on a model approved by the European Commission that ensures the same level of protection as set out in European data protection legislation.
What are your rights?
You have a number of possibilities allowing you to retain control over the use of your personal data, depending on the type of processing activity and the legal basis.
When exercising these rights, you should bear in mind that objecting to certain processing operations or withdrawing your consent for various processing operations involving your personal data may mean that you are no longer informed about, or able to use, the activities or services offered.
- Right of access – You have the right to access and inspect the personal data that we process. If you wish, we will provide you with a copy free of charge.
- Right of rectification – You have the right to request the erasure or rectification of incorrect, incomplete, inappropriate or outdated personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent – If the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
- Right to object to certain processing – If your personal data is processed on legitimate grounds, you have the right to object to the processing of your data for reasons relating to your specific situation.
- Right to be forgotten – You have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data. If you want to end the relationship with us, you can ask us to stop using your personal data. However, we may retain this data for evidence purposes.
- Right of transfer of your data – With regard to personal data processed on the basis of your consent or because of its necessity for the provision of the requested products or services, you may under certain conditions ask us to transfer the personal data you have communicated to us directly to a third party or to yourself.
- Right of objection to direct marketing – You have the right to object to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes, if you do not wish to receive such communications from us (any longer). Your request will be taken into consideration as soon as possible, after which we will no longer process your data for such purposes. At this time, your data will not be used for direct marketing.
Even if you have exercised your right to object, you may subsequently, if you wish, give your consent again for direct marketing activities through the same channels.
We draw your attention to the fact that the exercise of your right to object does not prevent us from contacting you for any other purpose, including the performance of a contract that we may have with you, in accordance with this Statement.
If you believe that nexuzhealth is unlawfully or incorrectly processing your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact details provided below. In any case, you have the right to complain at any time to the data protection authority in your country, if you believe that your information has been processed incorrectly by nexuzhealth.
Cookies and conditions of use
Amendments to our Privacy Statement
Nexuzhealth reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any updates will be announced on this website. This Privacy Statement was last amended and revised on 10 May 2021.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data or about this Privacy Statement, or if you wish to send us a request to exercise your rights, you can contact nexuzhealth at the following address:
Kempische Steenweg 307 (Corda 3)
B – 3500 Hasselt